Out of context this probably sounds a bit politically incorrect but we don’t really try to strike a work-life balance at ImpactReady. Instead we actively enable our partners to create and nurture their version of family.
We see our work is intrinsically connected with having healthy personal and family lives. We also acknowledge that the current burden of reproductive work in the world still falls asymmetrically on women. (By ‘reproductive’ we mean non-money-earning work… Typically the ‘stay at home’ domestic chores associated with family life.)
It is our intention to actively explore this stuff and so we set ourselves some targets to play with. We’ll let you know how we get on 🙂
1. At all times we will respect and protect the position of our partners who make decisions based on putting their family first;
2. The partnership will never place a burden of expectation on any partner to generate a certain amount of income or work particular times;
3. The partnership will recognise personal and family development as work that strengthens the capabilities of both the individual and the partnership itself;
4. Our families are part of our partnership, and we will always organise our events and endeavours with the mind to include them;
5. We recognise that time is the most precious and limited assets available to each of our partners. Furthermore, we understand that developing healthy families takes time. Together, we will actively explore and support one another to translate our skills, knowledge, and expertise into products that can generate a livelihood even when we are spending time with our families.